At Canine College doggie daycare, our students are never left unattended in the playfield with other students – setting us apart from other metro Detroit doggie daycare service providers. Our “coaches” are trained in dog management and pack behavior, and have breed-specific knowledge. Canine College is a structured environment where your dog can be a dog, utilize the pack skills he was born with and communicate instinctually with other dogs. This is not a dog walking service … this is active dog play! We do NOT require reservations for daycare – we do NOT have “required” drop-off hours for daycare!
Students play in our Halls all day with one lunch and one dinner break. All-day play with us provides your student exercise and activity that is vital to his or her life longevity, especially for dogs bred for work and for whom boredom may lead to chewing, licking, digging, barking and more. Please note that all dogs over the age of 7 months of age must be spayed or neutered to play in our dog daycare groups. Other benefits of doggie daycare include socialization, mental stimulation, absence of boredom and weight control just to mention a few! Everything you’d expect from a College!
- Segmented play fields
- Skilled, caring and professional staff
- All-day supervised play
- Instant daytime outdoor access
- Latchkey (optional late hours)
Daycare For Puppies – our College Prep Puppy Program
Puppies have special needs and we are here to help you! We are launching our Puppy Socialization program aka the “College Prep Puppy Program”. This is an extremely affordable way for your puppy to meet, greet and become comfortable with people and other dogs for the first 6 months of age – the window of opportunity you have to help mold your new dog’s socialization skills. Please note that all dogs must be spayed or neutered by the age of 7 months to go into daycare group play. You may bring your dog’s kibble when you drop your dog off for daycare and we will feed your dog lunch or dinner (you provide their food) at no extra cost.
What makes Canine College different and better than other Metro Detroit daycare service providers?
- We have numerous Halls for your dog to play in – we “fit” your dog to the Hall that best fits his temperament and needs.
- Trained and skilled staff with low person to dog ratio that play with your dogs. Secondary to being the Alpha our staff actually plays with your dog while at Canine College. We have separate staff for housekeeping, administration and meal preparation so your student gets the attention you expect and they deserve. Additionally, our staff has been trained by the American Red Cross for Dog First Aid and Dog CPR and are Pet Care Services Certified Technicians.
- We do not have a “required” drop-off time for daycare – even half days! Drop your dogs off at your convenience within our operating hours of 6:30 am – 6:30 pm Mondays through Saturday!
- Can’t make it by 6:30 pm to pick-up your student? Not a problem, we have dog latchkey service available until 9:00 pm, Monday – Saturday. Call our offices on the days you are running late or have a last minute dinner engagement!
- No reservations required for dog daycare!
- Your dog is never left unattended in our Halls and playfields – there is always a human with your dog at all times.
- Your dogs are playing with dogs and people who are trained in dog body language, dog play styles. Doggie daycare is so much more than having a dog walker come into your home and take your dog out for a walk. Doggie daycare is active play with other dogs – off leash.
- Your dog has access to outdoors while in the playfields. Our indoor Halls have outside fields attached to them, reinforcing learned behaviors.
- Our outside play fields are lush with K9 Grass!
- College Vision WebCams are private and password protected to insure your privacy
- Your dog plays all day! Not 2 or 3 hours like other dog daycares – we are talking day! Our daycare students are given a one hour lunch break to bring the stimulation of the playfield down and provide your student a rest. Bring your dog’s food and we will be glad to feed your dog lunch or dinner for no extra cost. Or – you can purchase one of the many food options we have for your dog. We have four playfield Halls and four Pledge Halls to accommodate your canine student’s play needs!
- We have four different Pledge Halls where the temperament testing for our various halls are given. These Halls, most frequently used for temperament testing, double as a quiet place for our Students when they’d like to “sit out on the bench” and rest.
- Upper Classman Hall for our larger and more rambunctious students! This large indoor field has indoor play equipment and is roomy enough to easily accommodate a good game of canine field football, soccer or tennis! Why, we even have an assigned “lounge” area where our furry students can take a break on a nice sling bed and watch the Upper Classman action! (Kinda like sitting on the bench!)
- Sophomore Hall is for our dogs who have matured and outgrown (physically) the Lower Classman Hall BUT are not quite mature enough for the Upper Classman Hall.
- Lower Classman Hall for our smaller and more timid students. This field, equipped with play equipment designed specifically for dogs, is perfect for your students who are smaller or timid.
- Freshman Hall is designed for our younger and smaller students….. Our youngest students and puppies. A perfect play to romp and get to know other canine students. Wonderful socialization skills that last a lifetime can be built in this field! Your student will learn “doggie language” from other dogs – a language that cannot be taught by humans.
|Daycare Tuition (Effective 8/1/15)|
|Whole day (More than 5 hours)||$27|
|Half day (Less than 5 hours)||$15|
|10 Daycare visits*
(Must be used within 60 days of purchase) Save $20! ($25/visit)
|20 Daycare visits*
(Must be used within 90 days of purchase) Save $80! ($23/visit)
|30 Daycare visits*
(Must be used within 6 months of purchase) Save $150! ($22/visit)
|60 Daycare visits*
(Must be used within 9 months of purchase) Save $360! ($21/visit)
|College Prep Puppy Daycare Program – for young dogs 12 weeks to 6 months (Must be used within 6 days of purchase)||$70|
|Freshman Daycare Package Program for dogs that are 6 to 10 months of age (Must be used within 6 days of purchase.)||$105|
|Hot School Lunch fresh from our “Nibble and Kibble Cookery”||$3|
|College Grub (our food), per meal, per student||$2|
For additional information about Canine College policies and more, see our FAQ.