Great question! There are several questions you should ask but here’s a good starting point – and don’t be shy! Ask these questions because a skilled, qualified facility will welcome these questions:
- Are you licensed kennel? Are you legally zoned to operate a kennel?
- Are you inspected by Oakland County Animal Control annually?
- Is your staff trained to manage dogs? What type of training? Are you certified?
- When can I tour your facility?
- Tell me about the process of how you introduce my dog to other dogs.
- Tell me about the room my dog will be staying in. Is it a crate? Is it a private room? Can I see it?